Birmingham, Worcester & West Midlands based Specialist Paediatric Dentistry
Specialist Paediatric Dentistry Services
Consultant Specialist Paediatric Dentist in Barnt Green, Birmingham, Bromsgrove, West Midlands
How Are We Different?
RESTORE Dental Specialists are rewriting the script when it comes to children’s dentistry. Unique to the region, we have in an in-house dedicated Specialist in Paediatric Dentistry who is also a Consultant at the Birmingham Dental Hospital.
- RESTORE are proud to be a referral practice: for general dental practitioners who entrust their child dental patients’ care to us.
- Multidisciplinary Dental Care: our Paediatric Dentistry Consultant will work closely with our Orthodontics and Restorative team, to offer early interventional brace treatment in cases where this is required. This would include management and treatment of dental disorders due to congenital and acquired dental defects, which should be treated early to avoid future complex work.
- Extended Flexible Hours: our practice is open on a flexible hours basis to fit the need of our child patients and their parents.
- Child friendly environment: our fun-filled ambiance puts children immediately at ease and ensures they look forward to their appointments.
- Tooth Brushing Academy in Barnt Green: in conjunction with our gum specialist, our pediatric dentistry specialist will be running this academy to get your kids to love brushing.
Paediatric Dentistry treatments offered at Restore include:
- Children’s Orthodontics
- Prevention and Protection: Fluoride Varnish, Dental Sealants, Digital X-ray and Sports Guards
- Treating and Restoring: Fillings, Children Crowns, Root Canals, Space maintainer
- Sedation Service: Inhalation Sedation, the WAND painless anesthetic, and IV sedation
- Emergency Treatment: including dental trauma
Poor dental health impacts children’s lives
At RESTORE, health matters to us poor dental health impacts not just on the individual’s health but also their wellbeing and that of their family. Children who have toothache or who need treatment may have pain, infections and difficulties with eating, sleeping and socialising.
Dental health has a direct relationship with systemic health
The Global Burden of Disease study (2010) found that most disability amongst 5 to 9 year olds in the UK was caused by poor oral health. An average of 2.24 hours of children’s healthy lives was lost for every child aged 5 to 9 years because of poor oral health. This exceeded the level of disability associated with vision loss (1.64 hours), hearing loss (1.77 hours) and type 2 diabetes (1.54 hours).
At RESTORE our objectives are to:
- Ensure that in the early years children have access to evidence based oral health improvement training with our dental specialist team
- Ensure oral health data and information is used to the best effect by all
- Ensure child oral health improvement information is communicated effectively with early intervention with other dental specialties or medical specialties if needed.
- Provide specialist level care for children suffering with Dental Traumatic injuries based on International Association of Dental Traumatology.
- Provide bespoke Consultant led complex treatment for children suffering with congenitally missing teeth, and acquired dental defects such as Amelogenesis Imperfecta and Dentinogenesis Imperfecta including other intrinsic teeth discolorations.
Our Specialist, Abs Casaus, has had his work recognised internationally through the award of numerous prizes from prestigious bodies such as the International Association of Paediatric Dentistry, International Association of Dental Traumatology and European Society of Endodontics.
For our Dentist Partners:
If you would like to refer your patient to RESTORE for PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY treatment, you can be assured that your patient will be in very experienced hands.
We particularly welcome anxious patients or patients with special needs, and instill confidence in parents whose children present with complex cases or medical conditions.
We’ve worked hard to create a relaxing, welcoming environment that creates positive associations with dental visits.
Once treatment is successfully completed, the patient will be returned to you for continued care at your practice.
Watch our Video for Referring Dentists
If you are a patient and would like to book your consultation please call 0121 445 3697.
Alternatively, complete our enquiry form and we will be in touch.